Many people love the majestic sound of the chimes of a grandfather clock, unfortunately not everyone loves the sound of the price for that majesty. Not to worry, there are some things you can do and places you can go to find cheap grandfather clocks, you just have to know where to look.
Of course, to a point, you get what you pay for. For the most part, discounted grandfather clocks won’t be able to compare to the truly classic style and beauty of the brand name clocks, but if you can’t afford it, you can’t afford it and you shouldn’t have to miss out. You can still get the enjoyment out of having one of these types of clocks in your home even if you don’t have deep pockets.
Here are some ideas of places you can go to find a good quality, low priced grandfather clock:
1. Start locally. There are more and more discount furniture stores popping up all over the place and chances are you have one or more near where you live. That’s a good place to start. You might be able to find a really good deal. Another thing to think about, more and more stores are going back to offering a layaway program. You might be able to find a beautiful clock at a great price that you can put on layaway.
2. Depending on just what your definition of ‘cheap’ is you may be able to find a brand name clock online for a greatly discounted price. Many manufacturers will provide deep discounts to any online retailer (which can be passed on to you) simply because they do more volume and they don’t have the overhead. Check it out.
3. You may also be able to get a great quality clock at auction sites, both online and off. If you’ve never been to an auction you should go, it’s a lot of fun and you can get a really great deal. Keep an eye on your local paper for estate auctions. You might be able to pick up an heirloom quality clock for much less than you’d think possible.
Also, don’t forget about places like Craigslist and the classified section of your local paper. You may be surprised at the bargains you can find if you just keep your eyes open.
4. If you look hard enough, you may even be able to find wholesalers where you can buy your clock at only slightly above the manufacturers price.
5. Even though it’s not quite the same, there are wall mount grandfather clocks. These clocks still have the overall look and the chimes of a full sized clock but they are less expensive (it’s also a good option for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of floor space for a full sized clock).
If you’re willing to put in a little time and effort you can find the clock of your dreams or cheap grandfather clocks, whatever the case may be, to enjoy in your home.